Sunday, February 21, 2010

Espanol

After several years of it remaining little more than a good idea left unfulfilled, I enrolled in a beginning Spanish course at a local college back in January. While the class has been a bit of work, I am thoroughly enjoying the time; not since the anthropology courses of the distant undergradute years have I taken a class as rewarding and as interesting as this one. I regret waiting three or four years to finally begin the language after deciding I want to learn it, but as they say: better late than never. While I feel as though I am learning a lot, I harbor no delusions about becoming fluent in the near future; that aspect is probaby years away. And that coming to pass only with regular and diligent study and practical use of the language.

No comments: