Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday Evening

This spring-like weather has begun to hamper my productivity level at work. Several times today I caught myself staring out the window wishing I was anywhere but there, stuck behind my desk. It’s far too early in the year to have spring fever and I have to remember that February is still a few weeks off and is typically the coldest month of the year for Norfolk. On the rare occasion where we do get snow, chances are it will be February. Or even March.

Speaking of March: I need to get the flights to the Philippines booked within the next few weeks. As it’s looking now, I’ll be spending the latter half of the month there, which doesn’t leave a lot of time to get the trip organized. No matter really, as such preparations will add some excitement to the dreariest of winter months. When I got back from Honduras a few weeks ago, the last thing I wanted to do was head off on another adventure, which is largely the reason I have yet to book the flights. Now that I’ve been home a few weeks and back to the routine, the travel urge is growing again and by the time March rolls around, I’ll be ready to get the hell out of here.

4 comments:

KateOnTheGo said...

Days grow longer when you have a holiday planned. I sympathise with you! :)

Wanting said...

the Phillipines...hmmm...my step mom is from there....may I ask what you're going for?

Ng3 said...

Oh just going there on vacation. A combination of the "eco-tour" thing and generally just enjoy not being here. :-)

boogieman625 said...

Philippines, such a great place to visit during winter time.