Saturday, May 27, 2006

Momentum

Haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks and I'm finding it very difficult to go today. I've lost momentum (at least temporarily) and am coming up with all these viable excuses not to go (I have pager duty, blah, blah blah. I need to cook for tomorrow's cookout. blah, blah, blah). Rather remarkable the process of talking oneself into or out of something. Foraying to the gym will take only about two hours of my time, so it's not exactly a major committment, despite the perceived justifications otherwise.

Screw it. I'm off to the gym. As one of my friends in the Army says: "Just do it! Hooah!!"

2 comments:

Laclos said...

Hey, I gave up going to the gym 8 years ago and started drinking beer religiously from then on. There was a point to this... can't remember... this is Sunday isn't it?

Ng3 said...

Ha ha. I've observed that having a point to what I say is too tedious. Rambling on without making a point is so much more fun.