Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday Afternoon

So it has been quite some time since my last post. Between work, research, and other sundry things life simply got in the way. Oddly enough, not much of any real interest to report during my time away from the blog.

Except for one thing.

I found out this afternoon that I have been awareded a summer research grant for which I applied several weeks ago. It's not a tremenous amount of money at all, but will be sufficient to cover air fare, accomodations, and other incidentals during my time abroad. I'll be heading to Guatemala to do the biologist thing with a trip duration of anywhere between two weeks and a month. My in-country contacts are thinking a month minimum (which is fine by me), though I have certain obligations here that might get in the way. Thesis reseach won't be a problem as I can ensare some ungraduates to carry out the fielwork whilst I am away. Making the arrangements with work will be a bit more dicey, though I have sufficent leave to cover my absence. I'll broach the issue with my director tomorrow and see what happens. I suspect that a month away might be too traumatic for admin, so the most viable solution may be two trips of two to three weeks each, with the first trip being in early July and the second trip coming later in the summer.

Anyway..more on this later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on your new research assignment in Guatemala, I am sure you will do fine just like in everything you do always.

Keep up the good work.

Maintain a balance life and eat right.

Anonymous said...

congrads. you work hard and you are brilliant. guatemala is lucky to have u looking out for them.

i am sure kecoughtan and isis are very proud.

Wanting said...

no need to ask...I can make myself available to cart your luggage around...just give me a week's notice and I'll meet ya at the airport...

Ng3 said...

Yay! Youre such a pal,Kim. :-)