Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Backup Oven

It is miserably hot in the study this evening. I keep the door to this room closed due to my cats' love of chewing computer cords and since I have only one air conditioner in the apartment (a window unit back in the bedroom)...well, you get the idea. If my oven ever quits working I could quite possibly bake bread in here. I'm thinking of investing in one of those little portable air conditioning units that I can move around the apartment as needed. Must check into this over the coming weekend.

Speaking of apartments....I received my renewal notice a couple days ago and it's no great surprise that rent will be going up (another 55 dollars a month!) beginning on September 1, provided I decide to stay here. As tempting as it would be to live in a more modern building with central air and heat and washer and dryer in unit (and not to mention something other than side-street parking), I really don't want to move this summer. I'll probably be moving next summer (provided I've selected a PhD program by then), so moving this summer AND next summer would just be foolish. So I'm going to commit to one more year of bad parking, tempermental radiator heat, and the washer and dryer in the basement.

Anyway, off to get dinner going and then get some reading done.

1 comment:

Ng3 said...

hehehe....for me it's caffeine. Actually, the lack thereof. I can be EEEEVIL without it.