Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saturday Plans

It's going to be a long day. I'm meeting my advisor and a couple other graduate students at the ecological preserve around ten this morning and have no idea as to when I'll be finished up out there. Two different aspects to work on today, so my best guess is that I'll be home sometime late this afternoon. Much of the presreve should be flooded due to the five or so inches of rain we received on Wednesday, so that will make for an interesting setting. So once I finish my coffee I'll load up the backpack (gotta bring the camera today) and head on out of here.

No plans for this evening, so I suspect it will be a repeat of last night: reading and working on some of the background aspects of the forthcoming project in Guatemala. The trip is only three weeks off and there remains so much in terms of study and project design that needs to be done between now and then. Any way one looks at it, the two weeks down there will be very busy and I certainly won't be doing the tourist thing (bought the requisite travel book last weekend anyway) save for perhaps a day or two to visit some of the Maya ruins.

Anywhoo....I'm outta here for the day.

No comments: