Sunday, October 15, 2006

Step Down Day

Today I step down to the 7mg patches following the requisite two weeks on the 14mg. I removed the old patch early this morning but decided to wait a few hours before slapping on the new one, mainly out of curiosity as to how my body would respond to this brief nicoteine-free period. I was without a patch for about five hours and only at the end did I become a litle antsy and my mood begin to sour. Presumably there was still sufficient nicoteine in my body at the outset to ward off any ill effects, but as time passed, that lingering need, that lingering addiction began to surface. Not wishing to have the Evil Me emerge, I put on the new patch and thus continued with the regimen. When you first put on a patch, it burns and itches ever so slightly. This has become a curiously welcome thing over the course of the quitting process and it certainly was this morning. So now that the need for nicoteine has been sated, I'm back into a happy mood and trying to forget that the daily hit is half of what I've been getting.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

OH NO!! What if you become addicted to the patch!! I guess in a way that's still better than cigarettes.

Wish they made a patch for chocolate..

Ng3 said...

I've heard of someone becoming addicted to the patches. A friend of a friend attmpted to quit a few years ago using the patches. His girlfriend put on a patch for "moral and emotional support" and subsequetly got hook on the patches.

I wonder if she started smoking in order to quit the patch...