Saturday, November 25, 2006

Deck the Halls

As it looks like I'll be home for the holidays for the first time in a few years, I'm giving some serious thought as to putting up a Christmas tree. I have not done this in a long time... 1997 was the last time I believe.

Of course the great question is how the cats are going to cope with it. I'm rather sure they will see it as a new toy and begin attacking it the moment I begin to set it up. I'm considering a small live tree and am very curious as to their health should they decide to eat it. Hmmm.

3 comments:

Wanting said...

I love live trees...as far as I know, pine trees arent bad for em...its the poinsettia that will kill them...poisonous...and the only trouble I had was tinsle throw up..of course, there is the ocassional need to see what that shiny thing is that's all round and purty...

Ng3 said...

"occasional" need to see what that shiny thing is? For my two cats, it's pretty much a constant.. kinda like the coming of fall or the rising of the sun...

If I do a tree, I'll probably just put it a corner here in the study, just to be safe. Still not sure...

Wanting said...

once I put up a tree...decorated it and had it looking beautiful after a few hours...turned to get the vac plugged in...heard a "SSWWWOOOOSSSHHHH", and turned around to see it falling straight towards me...there was my tortie, Jewel...eyes as big as saucers...looking right at me...I wish I could have gotten a pic...