Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Finally...

………the Jeep is as it should be.

After an eternity of indecision, I made the move today on the long-overdue tire thing. Yesterday was the final day of mulling over the issue and getting quotes, including the full package of lift kit, new wheels and tires. I decided that latter was simply overkill and opted to simply go with larger tires that fit on the current wheels. I selected a different style of tire as well. I went from the small car/street tires that came stock on the Jeep to larger off-road tires, specifically Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs. Size 31x10.5. And due to the size difference between the temporary spare and the new set, I went ahead and bought a fifth tire for a full-size spare. The funny thing is it barely fit onto the spare carrier. An eighth of an inch larger and it would have ridden home in the back seat.

What a difference in vehicle appearance tires can make. The only drawback with the off-road tires thus far is the noise. A nice roar when I’m at 30 mph or greater. Haven’t taken it on the highway yet and I’m rather curious as to just how much noise there’s going to be. I feel a road trip coming on. Or is it off-road trip?

And don’t’ worry, Kim. Pics are coming.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

Wooo hooooo! Road trips are great. When I have to get new tires for the truck, I want to get some slightly larger...let's face it...it looks COOL..