Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring Fever

Feels more like May than the reality of mid-March. The sunny, warm weather has drawn all sorts of people out into the neighborhood. People coming and going, sitting outside at the coffee shops, or having lunch out on the patios at any one of the neighborhood restaurants: it certainly seems like spring has arrived.

And here I sit in my apartment…but not for too long. Just finished a light lunch and am now working my way though a cup of coffee and a cigarette or three before heading back out to enjoy the day. I was out the door fairly early this morning for a trip to the gym and had a solid workout. My body is both energized and tired from today’s gym foray, but it’s a good feeling.

Once I finish off this coffee, I may walk down to the grocery store for a few things. I don’t have much to buy, so this means the walk home will be pleasant. Last week the grocery list was long and it turned out that walking was a mistake. Far too many bags and my arms felt like they were going to fall off even before I got a third of the way home.

Reading is also on the agenda this afternoon. Possibly here at home, or over at the coffee shop. I’ve almost given up on my current book: 1421: The Year China Discovered America though I’m not quite halfway through. It’s an interesting book and well-written, but the evidence presented to support the author’s claim (as suggested by the title) is thus far very weak (and in some situations way off the mark) and due to this I’m having a problem going much further than where I currently am. Perhaps it will get better if I can only muster the fortitude to keep pushing along.

Anyway…off to enjoy the weather.

No comments: