Saturday, October 02, 2004

Ack!

Ever so slightly groggy this morning thanks to partaking a little too freely of alcoholic refreshments whilst out with my sister and some friends last night. We all met at the Taphouse, one of my favourite casual hang-outs here in Ghent, which also has one of the best selections of Belgian ales in the Norfolk area. Over the years, I've developed a pronounced fondness for Belgian ales and the Taphouse's regularly changing beer selection keeps things interesting. My favourite Belgian at present is the Carlous Gran Cru 2004, a truly wonderful beer, though one with a higher-than-normal alcohol content. Not a bad thing, mind you.

But at any rate....after a glass or two of water and a couple Advil this morning (in addition to the requisite cups of coffee), I am able to face the day.

Today's agenda consists of some errands and grocery shopping this morning, followed by research, etc. later in the day. In other words, it's going to be a typical Saturday. This sort of routine is agreeable to me as I tend to be a creature of habit, moreso now than in times past when life was more carefree and pressing responsibilities were few. Given the myriad of projects I'm juggling, routine and pattern are critical to both their accomplishment and my overall sanity.


No comments: