Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sunday Update

Though there are a number of school and work projects that required attention this weekend, I decided yesterday was to be my "free day," in that I pretty much did nothing other than a little personal reading, some cleaning, and making an early evening trip to Barnes and Noble to pick up a special-order book that finally came in. I wasted a lot of time yesterday in being singularly unproductive, but we all need days like this from time to time. Of course the downside of taking a day off from life is that I have double the amount of work to do today. But this is completely acceptable as I feel more energized having taken a break from things. And I'm sure the gulit associated with such laziness will pass in time.

So today's tasks will consist of working on the thesis, putting together a Powerpoint for the presentation on Thursday morning, epidemiology homework, a grocery run to the local Harris Teeter, and laundry. In other words, a full day. Thesis work and the presentation are the two most pressing issues and consequently will receive priority. Nonetheless, I'll probably do the grocery run (or walk, since the store is only a few blocks away) first thing since rain will be rolling in later on today.

This has been a bizarre week. My relationship of five years came to an end Wednesday night. Though this occurrence was not unexpected, it's still a difficult thing and as a result I've been somewhat out of my predictable orbit the last few days. I suppose the bright side is that it was an amiable ending to a good five years and we're still very good friends. Our trip to Arizona in a few weeks is still on and at least I don't have to worry about being pushed off of some high precipice into the Grand Canyon (a la Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty strugging atop Reichenbach Falls).

Anyway...off to start the day.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

...no need to tell you I know how you feel....things happen for a reason...unfortunately it's damn hard to see what that reason is sometimes....