Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Packing and Preparation

I've been home from class for only a short while and much later than expected due to class not ending until 7:30pm and a subsequent visit to my advisor's lab to pick up some paperwork. As I have not even given a thought about packing, I have a lot to do tonight in preparation for tomorrow's trip. I'm some ways I'm looking forward to the vacation and at the same time, I'm so swamped with research and school and work that I hate to take any time off. But I think that once I'm packed and on the way to the airport in the morning, exctiement and the need for adventure will outweigh any reluctance.

The most obnoxious part of the trip will be arriving home in Norfolk Monday ngiht at 11pm. Ordinarily this isn't a bad thing, but I have to be in Richmond (a two hour drive from here) by 8 Tuesday morning to give a presentation that's not quite finished. I need to addd a conclusion slide..so that won't take long and I may be able to get to it tonight as well as review the presentation for any glaring errors. I've printed out a copy of the slides/notes and will review them whilst on the flights to and from Arizona. It's a five hour flight so I'll certainly be prepared...and it will be matter of just staying awake long enough to give the lecture. A few friends in Richmond want me to visit them afterwards, but I'm not sure about this. Depending on how I feel, I may just drive back to Norfolk and immediately fall asleep. We'll see.

4 comments:

Wanting said...

..don't worry...have fun...stay safe...

Me said...

ok, kind of late, but I hope you had a swell trip!

Me said...

ok, kind of late, but I hope you had a swell trip!

Me said...

oops!