Saturday, June 11, 2005

Saturday Afternoon

Well it's been a busy day. I made the obligatory trek out to the parental abode this morning for a visit of a few hours. The last time I saw them was the 25th of March (yeah, I know..Im such a bad son), so it ws good to catch up. While out and about, I also swung by my sister's house to drop off a piece of luggage I borrowed for the Thailand trip that I had not yet returned. They're off to the Eastern Shore next weekend and were in need of additional luggage, though I'm not sure why since they are pretty well stocked with such travel necessities. Perhaps it was just an excuse to force the return of their luggage.

After making the necessary rounds I went off to do some clothes shopping and picked up a couple shirts and some more shorts. My friends would be so proud as I'm opting for things a little more colorful than the ususal drab earth-tones I have this tendency to buy.

And speaking of color (how's that for a segway), I noticed that I got a little more sun today than I was anticipating. It was so nice out that I put the top down on my Jeep before heading off this morning and as a result I have this nice reddish glow going on. This is OK though as the red will quickly fade to brown and I'll have a good summer tan going on (thanks to my Portugese ancestry...I tan very well).

This evening I'll be off to my sister's place for a small cook out. We'll be grilling salmon, shrimp, and other assorted seafood whilst partaking of alcoholic refreshments. Should be a good ending to an equally enjoyable day.

No comments: