Sunday, November 27, 2005

Almost Human Again

Got home from a friend’s birthday party a short while ago and after a shower and a large cup of coffee I’m feeling almost human again. A little groggy still from the alcoholic refreshments and tired from the lack of sleep, but I’m otherwise functional. At least for a while. I suspect that around noon I’ll suffer a system shutdown which will force a few hour nap. Though not quite an all-nighter, the event may as well have been as an hour and a half of broken sleep doesn’t count for much these days. Thankfully there was a functional (though rarely used) coffee pot at my friend’s condo, so I was able to make a strong Cup of Life to sufficiently revive me for the trip home as morning sun broke the horizon.

I did much of the cooking for the event (most of Friday and all day yesterday spent in the kitchen) and it’s always gratifying to see various offerings well-received by guests. But it was a lot of work and a break from the kitchen is needed. I don’t want to see an oven or mixing bowl for at least a few days.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

wow...I haven't stayed up that late in...oh I can't remember. Damn I'm getting old. Sounds like you had a great time, tho.

Wanting said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.