Saturday, November 05, 2005

Failed I Have

The last ditch bid yesterday to retain my top lab employee was unsuccessful and I now have another vacancy to fill. Very disappointed I am with Human Resources by this whole ordeal. Even at the very end of the day when they finally began to get the picture, they were still reluctant to move in any way that would lead to retention of this talented, talented employee. Their solution was to reevaluate and reclassify the position once it’s vacant. A bittersweet victory of sorts. While I lose current talent, the position will eventually become something more attractive (and better paying) for acquiring and retaining future talent. Of course the operative word here is “eventually.” Such a process takes a long time, possibly up to several months, particularly with Human Resources’ reputation of moving at Ent-like speed (“Don’t be hasty.”).

1 comment:

Wanting said...

hmmm....so what does this job entail? I test stuff like waste water and such. I'm a really good worker, get along great with everyone, and I won't ask to borrow the Jeep!