Monday, November 07, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

A productive hour and a half since coming home from the office: a load of laundry washed, dried, and folded, kitchen cleaned, trash taken out, and so forth. Now comes decompression time with a coffee and some music. It seems that I can get so much more done if I launch into things as soon as I get home as opposed to taking a while to unwind and relax first. Unwinding too frequently translates into naps and that leads to lazy evenings. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy the occasional lazy evening, but when there are things to do, the last think I need to do is put myself into a position where it’s hard to get going (e.g., nap time).

Still working on the reinvention of the living room and it seems that the project has evolved into a redo of the entire apartment with each room slated for modification to varying degrees depending upon frequency of use and general need. The kitchen, bathroom, and study/guest bedroom are fine for now, so that leaves the living room and bedroom having the higher priority. Since Friday is a holiday from work, that may be the Great Shopping Day during which I’ll finally procure the bedroom set I’ve been lusting over for months at Pier One. Of course this depends on successfully bribing (with beer) a friend who has a truck since there’s no way a dresser, headboard and footboard, and a nightstand can possibly fit in my Jeep.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

oh my...did you say it would be better if you had a PICK UP?

Ng3 said...

LOL..... don't put words in my mouth, Kim. I was merely commenting in passing on one of the very few disadvantages of having a Jeep. But as long as I have a friend with a pick up, such inconveniences are but trivial.