Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hola desde Guatemala

Just a few quick lines to let everyone know all is well with me here in Guatemala. It has been a very busy week of research, which has left very little time to post on here. Just a few quick points of interest thus far:

1. Despite the recent pattern to the contrary, my luggage arrived when I did Monday afternoon. As I was expecting it to be delayed or diverted to the Far East, I had packed sufficent clothing in my carry-on to last two days. Ah well, better safe than sorry.

2. The weather here is much cooler than I was anticipating. Most days it has not gotten out of the upper 70s to around 80s degrees with the nights being chilly. This was very much a surprise.

3. Have found two reliable coffee places close by. One is a cafe at a nearby university with the other being a corner restaurant not far from where I am staying.

4. Tomorrow might be a "free day" if all goes as planned. Not sure what the agenda is yet, but it would be nice to get out of the city for a look around.

Anyway...hope all is well with everyone. Will post again soon, time allowing.

No comments: