Saturday, July 22, 2006

Yet Another Rainy Evening

My last full day in Guatemala City and again it is raining. The weather is largely a replay of yesterday afternoon with thunderstorms rolling through followed by lingering rain. Though I had a little free time this afternoon to do something on my own (e.g., make the trip to Antigua), I opted to stay close to home due to having to prepare for tomorrow’s departure. Besides, at this point at the very end of a trip, my mind is already focused on the return home and I doubt seriously I would be able to enjoy the daytrip. Along those lines, packing is now out of the way and I have a few hours of relaxation before (hopefully) turning in early tonight. I have to be at the airport around 6:30am, so I will be up around five, allowing time for the daily coffee ritual.

I am not dreading the eight hour layover in Miami quite as bad as I thought I would. Certainly, it is going to be a long day, but I should be able to keep myself sufficiently entertained between a book, my travel journal, and occasional bouts of people-watching. Few better places to engage in the latter than an airport.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

BRING SOME RAIN WITH YA