Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day of Departure

I'm not leaving for the airport until around three this afternoon, so now it's the "hurry up and wait" thing. I'm just now back from a run to Target for a few travel-related items and there's not much to do between now and then other than packing. That certainly won't take long.

Excitement about the trip to Scotland is finally beginning to build, though the level is far below that for previous adventures. The shortness of the trip may have something to do with this. By the time I get adjusted to things over there I will be heading back home. However, I think enthusiasm for the trip will build further once things are underway. There is much about which to be excited with this trip other than my sister getting married. This will be my first trip to Scotland, so I will be able to shade in another country on my travel map when I get home. Also of note is this will be my first international trip where the destination is not tropical. I'm not sure how I am going to cope with the absence of palm trees and the heat and humidity of my usual destinations.

No comments: