Friday, September 01, 2006

Nothing of Interest

As it turned out, the commute to work this morning was a real pain. Various points of both main routes were flooded, so I ended up threading a maze of side streets to get to work. A couple times I had to backtrack (including going the wrong way down a one-way street) due to impassable intersections. At least they appeared to be impassable. I rwasn't in the mood to try my luck with the Jeep today. That will come tomorrow with the research trip out to the ecological preserve. I should be able to get onto the preserve unless the river as left its banks. If that's the case, it will be a riot of mud and water.

Must remember to bring the camera tomorrow.

Anyway. The rain stopped early this afternoon and most of the roads dried out sufficiently for the commute home. i had planned to finish the current book, This Earth of Mankind, soon after I got home, but about a page into it I summarily fell asleep. This was not due to the book, but the lack of caffeine and food (both defficiencies have since been corrected). So here I sit in the study early on a Friday evening, finishing off the glass of wine from dinner. Not sure what I'm doing this evening. Most likely it will be a quiet evening here at home.

No comments: