Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Ealy Morning Coffee

I was up at 4:30 this morning, wide awake and ready to start the day. It's going to be a crazy day around the office as I have meetings at 8:30, 10, and, 11:30, then meet with my technical staff in the afternoon to put together some data for a presentation at next week's regional conference. Then I have hurry over to the university for class at 4:20. Ack!

The problematic employee of which I spoke in a previous post was soundly diciplined not only on Monday morning, but Tuesday morning as well. I would have much preferred to get it all over and done with on one day, but the process calls for a preliminary counseling session followed by the formal written notice in 24 to 48 hours. He's not happy about it, but at least he'll think twice before behaving in an unprofessional manner around a citizen. This is the hope anyway.

Also as a result of Friday's incident, I'm in the process or organizing some sensitivity/awareness classes for my entire staff. Only a very small handful may need such training, but as I really can't single them out, everyone will have to go through the class, myself included. I've always told my staff that I would never ask them to do anything that I would not do myself, so my presence will be important to demonstrate not only this point, but also the validity of such extracurricular training.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

...good for you...it's nice to know someone cares about stuff like that...