Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Stitch In Time....

Plans to head out this evening to do some shopping were waylaid by a follow up trip to the dentist this afternoon. The stitches from last week's extraction were removed and the wound is healing well, though the dentist had to "install" some more packing into the void which was then stitched in place. So more pain and suffering. Certainly not as intense as that of last week, but sufficient to keep my in out of the evening's cold.

I had planned on going out this evening to purchase some floor lamps, window blinds, and other necessities for my office, which is finally undergoing a compelte makeover. Painting began today and I selected subdued earth tones to replace the bright "Tatooine desert yellow" that I've stared at for just over a year now. The old color wasn't too offensive (other than being a little too bright), but it just wasn't "me." The new selections will make the office a little darker, but with the appropriate lighting it should work nicely. It will also compliment the variety of decorations I picked up in Thailand and South America. So with the new colors, blinds, carpet, plants, etc. my office should rate high on the "coolness factor" once it's done.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

...coolness was never one of my things...I'm just glad to be considered at all....