Sunday, May 01, 2005

Dreary Sunday Morning

Depsite the temptation to go out with some friends last night, I prudently stayed home and went to bed at a reasonable hour. I went out last Saturday night and didn't get home until almost 3am Sunday and was this tired wreck the whole day. Can't afford that this weekend with final exams coming this week. There will be time enough for clubs and music once the semester is over. As most of my friends know, I've never been much of a club person, but with the newfound singleness it's nice to get out and socialize every now and again.

Yesterday's meeting with the Sri Lanka project team went well and it looks like we've finalized late August for the initial in-country field assessment. There is some debate among the team members as to just how all-encompassing the project should be. As I've done this sort of international work before and am more or less familiar with how these things work, I'm in favor of a smaller, better defined project that has a higher chance of getting funding and eventual success than a broad, multi-dimensional project. Thus the importance of the field assessment: identify specific problems, key stakeholders, and present a tightly-woven solution. Simple enough. Certainly we can start small and expand over time with each success.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

....hmmm...as it turns out, I happen to be free in August...been practicing my hand exercises...don't want to lose your luggage ...