Saturday, May 07, 2005

I'm Back

A busy week comes to an end and for that I'm exceedingly glad. Final exams wrapped up Wednesday evening and before the sun rose Thursday morning I was off to Petersburg to teach a two-day course. The class went very well (depsite the field work in the driving rain yesterday morning) though as always they are a draining affair on both the physical and emotional levels. So after such a busy week, I prudently turned in early last night and as a result feel almost human again this morning. Of course my first cup of Starbucks coffee in three days is helping achieve that effect.

I'll be heading out to the Blackwater Ecological Preserve early this afternoon to do some thesis research, then will make a second trip out there tomorrow morning followed by a few hours of work back at the lab. And there's the ususal slate of chores on tap for the weekend: laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning the apartment.

Ugh. No rest for the wicked.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

...so what are you looking for? Saw neat stuff on my weekend trip...simple things like a spider w/her egg sack and some cave swallows skimming water...it was neat...