Monday, May 30, 2005

Weekend in DC

Haven't been home long from a weekend up in DC to meet up with the old college roommate who's living up there now. It was a good weekend away and the change of scenery was most welcome. Saturday night was a blast. We started off with cocktails at my friend's place then went on into the Distict for dinner a this fabulous pan-Asian restaurant at DuPont Circle (Raku I think it was called). The place was mobbed and we had to wait for a table, but it was so worth it. The food was fantastic and as it was tappas style, we tried many different things, all of which were truly remarkable. And for the first time ever, I actually tried sushi (friends: **gasp**). I've long avoided raw fish primarily due to the "ewwww factor," but once I got past that...all was well.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

D>C> sounds nice, but the sushi I can do w/o.

Ng3 said...

Philly. Hmmmmmm. Never been there. Wouldn't mind visiting if SOMEONE was to extend an invitation. :-)