Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday PM

Yet another rainy and cool evening in Norfolk which feels more like March instead of the late May that it is. I'm currently doing a load of laundry which should be done shortly. And of course I have a steaming cup of coffee on my desk. The caffeine is most needed as I can barely keep open my eyes this evening. Between a late night last night followed by a busy day at work, I've just about run out of steam.

It was one of those frustrating days at work that almost makes me want to wash my hands of it all and rush out to join the Peace Corps. And it's not any one major thing; rather, it's an accumulation of many little administrative and personnel issues that constitute a significant headache when taken together. I suppose this sort of thing just comes with the territory when in management and keeping it all in perspective is critical. This always helps, but by this afternoon I had had my fill for one day and took off a few hours early (the upside of being a manager: the ability to come and go as one pleases) and saw Revenge of the Sith with one of my most capable employees who shares my passion for improving things around the office and my sheer contempt for those who derive comfort in the old way and stand as roadblocks to progress.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

sometimes you just have to walk away..