Sunday, May 15, 2005

Prattle

The worst of the cold seems to be behind me now. I was a bit more energetic today and much less phlematic...so it seems I'll well on the road to recovery. Just in time to go back to work tomorow. Blech.

It's been warm and VERY humid today. Too humid actually, which triggered a spat of severe thunderstorms this evening with the passage of a cold front. One minute it was sunny and almost tropical with the occasional rumble of thunder off in the distance and the next it got dark and suddenly started pouring raining and hailing. I haven't seen hail like that in a long time. patches of ground were literally white when it was all over. Would have been a great photo op, but I left my digital camera at the office on Friday. Once everything died down I went out to check on my Jeep and it seemed to have fared ok. Was worried about the outcome of mixing a canvas top and dime sized hail. But at least it doesn't need washing as badly as it did. :-)

2 comments:

Wanting said...

...with a new truck I get nervous everytime it's supposed to storm...tornado season again and with it comes the hail...

Ng3 said...

We don't have to worry too much about tornadoes here in eastern Virginia....though on ocassion we'll have a few small ones spin off when hurricanes roll through.