Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Good Sign

As a relatively adventurous, explorer/naturalist sort of person, my hopes were raised by this promising sign, except for the fact I don't like snakes and am not too keen on the whole poisonous creature thing either. I saw a number of such signs in New Mexico and Arizona, but as it turned out, the signs were about as close to such beasts as I came during my time out there. A pity, really, as I had practiced my shrieking and hopping around techniques just for such an enounter. Ah well, maybe next time.


2 comments:

Wanting said...

hmmm...then you wouldnt like the annual rattlesnake migration in Southern Illinois every Oct. You are allowed a stick to push them away from you as they migrate across a dirt road (along with other snakes, I heard). They won't hurt you unless you do something stupid, but it IS recommended that you wear boots...

Ng3 said...

Annual rattle snake migration? In southern Illinois?? Really never imagined Illinois to be much in the way of rattlesnake territory.

If they're migrating along dirt roads, wouldn't it be easier just to run them over or are they protected?

Not that I would run them over, mind you. Though I'm not a big fan of snakes, I still prefer the live and let live apprach.