Sunday, April 16, 2006

Trip Preparations

Rolled out to the ecocolgical preserve this morning early for another round of research and got home sometime around noon. Since then, I've busied myself with laundry and other assorted preparations for tomorrow's departure. Am getting rather excited about the cross-country drive, though it's likely that sentiment will change several days into the trip. I haven't packed yet, but that's no biggie since this is only a week-long domestic trip. Forgetting something won't be nearly as critical as travelling abroad as I can pretty much just stop anywhere and get what I need.

I've also been working out the route, specifically the things we may want to see along the way. If my calculations are correct, we should be in Little Rock by the end of the our second day and the plan is to see the Clinton library early the next morning before heading towards Oklahoma. By day four we should be in the New Mexico/Arizona region and that's when the pace will slow down and we'll switch into more of a "tourist mode." What little I've seen of the desert Southwest I absolutely love, so a more leisurely pace will allow for sightseeing and photo ops. I also hope to spend a day or so poking around Phoenix before I fly back late next Sunday night.

Anyway...off to pour another coffee and continue with the preparations.

No comments: