Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday Afternoon

A bit out of sorts this cloudy Saturday afternoon due to the aftereffects of a particularly natsy migraine headache that began building yesterday afternoon that reached its cresendo around midnight and only recently subsided. It was absolutely horrid last night with that classic throbbing pain, nausea, cold sweats, aversion to light and noise, and the inability to sleep. So now I'm left feeling groggy and drained from the ordeal. For the most part the pain is gone, though it's shadow lingers on the edge of perception which makes me wonder if it will return. If past patterns hold, it shouldn't return as long as I avoid strenuous activity (e.g., go to the gym or hurl cinder blocks at passing cars).

I've just now returned from procuring a Cup of Life from Starbucks, my first veture out of the apartment since coming home from work around five yesterday afternoon. It looks and feels like rain, which wouldn't be a bad occurrence as it has been very dry in this part of Virginia the last few months. Not sure what's on the agenda for the rest of the day. Perhaps some low-impact cleaning or some reading, provided I can muster the focus for either activity.

Off to enjoy my coffee.

No comments: