Monday, August 07, 2006

Early Monday Morning

Up and about extra early this morning, even earlier than my usual early standards. Not sure why this was so other than I just wanted more time to catch up on the news and current events before heading off to work. I hope things are relatively quiet around the office today, due to the likelihood of taking off early if practicable. I had pager duty this weekend and things were busier than ususal, so I have a few hours of comp time eaned over the last few days to burn.

Today I will need to touch base with one of my staff to pin down a date for the annual office cookout at his house this month. We usually hold it in mid-July, but as I was away then the thing was never organized. Need to get this in the works as soon as possible or run the risk of it falling through the cracks. Such affairs can be a little tedious, but are excellent avenues for maintaing morale among the staff.

No comments: