Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So Far So Good

Two days and a bit without a cigarette (55.25 hours to be exact, but who's counting) and so far so good. Urges have not been too bad today. At times I really wanted a cigarette, but mainly the urges manifested themselves in a sense of mild restlessness or anxiety at times customary for a smoke. Cetainly nothing overwhelming.

So anyway...on to other news. This afternoon I finally got around to booking my flights to Scotland for my sister's wedding which is taking place in three weeks (and NO we are not of Scottish ancestry). On many levels the idea of a destination wedding is very interesting and will certainly be a memorable occasion, yet it is also somewhat tedious for those who are obligated to go and are expected to pay their own way including flights and accomodations and other expenses that arise. A "mandatory vacation" they call it and I guess I can go along with this, though the rationale nonetheless seems a little off. But at least it will be a short trip. I will be there and back again in five days.

No comments: