Tuesday, August 15, 2006

How much are they asking?!?!?!

On a whim early yesterday evening, I met up with a realtor friend of mine to look at two condos for sale just down the street from my apartment. They were mirror images of each other, the only difference being one was a former rental unit that had this careworn look about it and was about thirty thousand cheaper than the more pristine unit. Though they had a nice overall layout (the second floor loft/study/wet bar that had a fireplace and overlooked the living room was uber cool), they were small and had these equally miniscule kitchens, which would never work for me. And they were terribly overpriced. For what they were asking I could have bought a stand-alone three or four bedroom house with a garage and yard enough for a garden.

I am not quite yet in the home-buying market, though I am beginning to pay a little more attention as to what is out there and beginning to learn the process. Financially I am at the point where I can make the transition from renter to owner, but I am reluctant to do so at this time as there are many uncertainties as to where I will be and what I'll be doing once I finish the masters degree in either December or May. But nonetheless home buying is a nice diversion, a nice dream of things to come.

No comments: