Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Just when I was looking forward to the long weekend...

...a late afternoon email and a subsequent flurry of phone calls have put me on the brink of heading down to the Gulf Coast to assist in the hurricane relief efforts. It will be a two week mission and things should be finalized one way or the other by tomorrow afternoon. Departure date: uncertain (other than asap). Departmental clearance for two weeks away: uncertain. Mission: uncertain, other than talk of cholera, typhoid, and mosquito-borne diseases. A health crisis, indeed.

And people think a career in public health is boring. Ha!

1 comment:

Wanting said...

Be careful, Norm. People are being stupid and greedy down there. I wish I could give blood like I used to, but since I've been sick, I am apparently considered tainted...