Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gulf Coast

The logistical details of the mission to the Gulf Goast were more or less finalized today. The first wave of support personnel (the "ground troops") will be leaving as early as Monday morning. I'll be leaving with the second wave towards the end of next week. This second group will consist of senior and administrative staff, those (at least in theory) capable of managing specific program operations.

While I'm a little frustrated not to be leaving right away, the delay may be for the best as my director will be on vacation next week and I'll be covering their responsibilities as well. An additional advantage is that I'll be able to enjoy the long weekend in some personal capacity. I don't have any thesis research lined up, so this will be my first free weekend in ages. May as well try to enjoy it as the next two weekend are going to be busy, busy, busy.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

I know I keep saying it, but BE CAREFUL. The stories I keep hearing are worse everytime I hear one.

I wish I could do volunteer duty somehow...I don't have much money, but I'd be happy to do something constructive...

Stay Safe...

Ng3 said...

Of COURSE, I'll be careful, Kim. Careful is my middle name, after all. Ok, it's not really my middle name, but may as well be.