Sunday, February 20, 2005

Freezing

It's practially freezing in my apartment again tonight. The radiators haven't been on in a few days which I assumed may have been an issue with the boiler thermostat in the basement. Not a big deal as it hasn't been that cold. Until last night. Upper 20s and no heat! The ice planet of Hoth would have been warmer and with the extra advantage of having a tauntaun to ride around the apartment to place sensors and check out meteorites that fell nearby.

And if I came down to it, I could stuff myself inside the tauntaun until someone got the shelter built.

So first thing this morning I called the "maintenance emergency" number and found out that the main pump for the boiler downstairs was out (due to Mynocks. Chewing on the power cables.) and the new one wasn't expected to arrive until Tuesday with the odds of it arriving any earlier being exactly 327:1.

Ugh. I'm such a dork. And really look like one tonight: I'm wearing three pairs of socks, two shirts, and two pairs of sweat pants. It's always said that you dress in layers to keep warm, but this isn't working.

Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope....

1 comment:

Wanting said...

...use the force, Norm....