Saturday, February 19, 2005

Saturday AM

A sunny but cold morning in Norfolk. I actually slept in a bit for a change and am now waking up with the usual cups of coffee. Nothing pressing on the agenda today other than some research, homework, and some domestic chores.

I guess the big news as of late is that I was contacted yesterday by a student at a local medical school who is in the process or organizing a post-tsunami public health assistance expedidtion to Sri Lanka this summer with a secondary goal of building an orphanage for kids left parentless by the tsunami. As it sounded like a worthwhile humanitarian project, I readily volunteered . So now comes the planning stage: defining goals and outcomes, writing grant proposals, and securing the logisitical components. While the prepatory footwork may be a pain at times, it's nonetheless key to the degree of success for such a project.

More on this as it comes together.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

Sri Lanka? Geez...and I'll be happy if I get to Six Flags this year....