Thursday, February 10, 2005

Margaritaville

This evening a close friend and I sallied forth to Colley Cantina, located a WHOLE half a block from my apartment for diiner and alcoholic refreshemnt. As usual, I had the gold margartia on the rocks with salt. In fact, I had two of them. The first one always goes down so smoothly, you just have to order a second. I've long been quite tha margarita fan and after years of research, I still belive the Cantina has the best in the Tidewater area. As such, living within sight of the place is a terrible thing, but we all have our crosses to bear.

Oddly enough, this was my first visit to the Cantina since I left for vacation in mid December. Our waitress tonight has known me for years and was like "where the hell have you been?!?!?" At one point not too many years ago, I was quite the regular there, particular when I had roommate(s). It was a tradition to go there every Thursday night and only on the rarest of occasions would we miss a week. Various friends who knew our routine would join us and we'd spend hours hanging out chatting and partaking of alcoholic refreshments. But such were the carefree days of youth when responsibilities were so much less and it really didn't matter if you woke up feeling terrible on Friday morning.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

mmmmm margaritas...my favorite...now I'm thirsty...