Monday, December 05, 2005

Cold and Rainy Monday

Very cold and windy today with a stead cold rain. Most of Virginia is receiving snow but right here on the coast, its just very cold rain. This is the usual pattern around here as the bay and ocean tend to moderate the air temperature just enough to preclude snow. Needless it say it has been rather the miserable day which was compounded by the temperamental old boiler system at the office which only worked for a few minutes at a time before shutting off. The problem had not been repaired by the time I left work at 4:30, so I suspect the tropical plants in my office will expire tonight from the cold.

Speaking of tropical things….two weeks from today at this time I’ll be in Honduras enjoying the warmth and sun of a more tropical climate. Such an attractive proposition given the miserable weather here today. Once the semester is over Tuesday or Wednesday evening (we’re having an additional class Wed night for our presentations), I’ll focus more on the travel preparations. Still so much to do between now and then. But all that I’ll start worrying about later in the week. Still haven’t procured a new digital camera which is beginning to worry me as I need time to familiarize myself with it before vacation. I must get it by this coming weekend.

The weekend was productive on the academic front only (in addition to the usual chores of laundry and cleaning). Socializing and such were kept to a minimum due to approaching class deadlines. I’ve more or less finished off the research paper for parasitology class which took longer than anticipated as I spent a lot of time tabulating my data, then deciding how I wanted to present it. Later on tonight, I’ll do a few revisions and begin working on the Powerpoint for the presentation on Wednesday.

Finished the coffee and feeling a wonderful caffeine buzz. Off to be productive.

No comments: