Friday, December 09, 2005

Early Rising

The heavy, wind-blown rain woke me shortly before five this morning and despite the temptation to burrow deeper under the warm blankets, I crawled out of bed and began my day. Just finished cup of coffee #1 and will shortly pour the second cup. I managed to acquire a halfway decent parking spot when arriving home from the office (not quite half a block away) so I won’t get too terribly drenched on the walk out to the Jeep when heading to the office in a bit. Unfortunately both of my umbrellas are in the Jeep. Little good they’ll do me there.

There’s something to be said about getting up at such an early hour. Plenty of time to catch up on the news and various blogs, have coffee, and leisurely plan the day. On drier and warmer days, an early morning walk around the neighborhood is sometimes part of the routine. Not today though. It’s absolutely miserable out. Of course the great temptation is to take off from work today, but I think I’ll just wait until Monday to use a day of leave, which will still give me a three-day weekend and presumably a better day than this to run errands and pick up assorted things for the trip. I’ve decided that such shopping (trip preparation) won’t occur on a weekend due to my pronounced dislike of crowded stores and long lines. So I’ll try to knock most of that out on Monday.

Off to get coffee #2 and get ready for the workday.

No comments: