Friday, December 02, 2005

Decompression Time

The experiments for the parasitology project are finally complete. Though I didn’t quite get the results I was expecting, the data is still sufficient to qualify the work a success. As such, this weekend I’ll spend writing up the results and preparing a presentation for class Tuesday evening. As usual, several more research questions arose from this project and whether or not I’ll eventually follow these additional lines of inquiry remains to be seen. At the very least I’ll informally replicate the experiments next summer in order to assess the probability of seasonal variability in parasitic activity.

So for right now the agenda is coffee, cigarettes, and much needed decompression time. It’s very cold and windy this evening and the warmth of the radiators is especially comforting against the howl of the wind and rattle of leaves.

Must…not… take…nap.

No comments: