Thursday, December 22, 2005

Copan Ruinas

It's a warm and sunny afternoon in Copan Ruinas, Honduras. I'm simply just taking a break from a stroll around town to fire off this quick update. More than likely, I'll wander off to Carnitas, a great local restaurant, for a mid-afternoon coffee once I finish up here. One thing that has impressed me thus far is the centrality of everything to where I'm staying. Carnitas just around the corner from home, this internet cafe is only a block away, as is the local market. One pretty much just has to walk anywhere they may need to go. In some situations this may not be as easy as it sounds since Copan is very hilly AND lined with cobblestone streets which don't offer the most stable of footing.

Anyway.....going to bring this brief note to a close and head out for a coffee. This morning my host, a few local friends, and I have been preparing for tonight's Christmas party. Should be a lot of fun and most likely worthy of a few lines in my next post.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

Merry Christmas Norm!!!