Sunday, March 22, 2009

Break from the Kitchen

A quick cup of coffee and a few lines whilst taking a break from the evening's cooking. The evening's culinary creativity tonight manifests itself in the blending two recipes, one for coffee-roasted beef and my usual shepherd's pie concoction.* So I guess the end result might be coffee-roasted shepherd's pie. Or something to that effect. Will invent the name later on, but am open to suggestions.

So anyway, the balance of the day was spent in the most delightful of ways: reading. After morning errands and chores and a light lunch, I curled up with Don Quixote and read for the entire afternoon. The Knight of the Sorrowful Face and his trusty Sancho have once again taken to the field, with their misadventures leading from the cart of Death to the encounter with the Knight of the Woods. As I've said before: absolutely delightful.




*Note: No recipe link for the shepherd's pie. I make it up as I go along, so I guess "usual" is somwhat of a misnomer in the sense that it's different each time I make it.

No comments: