Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wet Spring Morning

About halfway through the second coffee of the morning and will shortly be making a sally to the office to take care of some paperwork, including wrapping up a personnel project that I began last Saturday. The hope is to be finished by noon or thereabouts, though I will stay as long as necessary since there's really nothing else on the agenda today. And besides, I'm on call this weekend, so am more or less chained in town should something arise that requires my attention.

As I might have mentioned on here previously, I've never really minded going in to work on weekends. The office is wonderfully deserted and quiet and so much more can be accomplished in a few hours on, say, a Saturday morning than what one normally could on an entire weekday, with phones steadily ringing and staff floating in and out of my office. So this morning I'll throw on a pot of coffee immediately upon arrival, bring up the playlist on the Blackberry and click "shuffle song," and enjoy a few hours of uninterrupted, highly-caffeinated productivity.

At any rate, off now to ready myself for the day. Perhaps more later.

No comments: