Monday, March 02, 2009

Wazzat?!?

Upon tumbling out of bed (again before 5am, grrrrr), I peered out the window into the darkness to confirm earlier pronouncements on here regarding the fundamental improbability of snow here in Norfolk.

Rooftops of white?

I blinked.

Wazzat?!?!, I said to myself.

Against all odds, we've finally received a wee bit of snow. At present it amounts to little more than a dusting on the grass and cars and rooftops; laughable amounts elsewhere, but technically a Significant Event here in Norfolk. And the best that I can tell in the light of the streetlamps, it's still falling, or perhaps it's just blowing off nearby roofs.

While the roads are at present perfectly clear, I'm altogether certain some staff will call out today due to the inclement weather. As of yet, I've received no call or text messages from my people, but it's still early yet. I would consider calling out as well, but such a request would be ridiculed for two reasons: 1.) I live five blocks from the office and 2.) I have a 4wd Jeep Wrangler, which pretty much negates any claim of impassable roads. But I don't have to be at work for a couple hours yet and if the snow continues and begins to stick to the roadways, perhaps, just perhaps, we'll receive word as to appropriate closings.

At any rate...off to ready myself for work and the journey there against dangerous snow drifts and menacing packs of Yetis.

No comments: