Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rainy Afternoon, The Sequel

For the moment at least the rain has stopped, or very nearly so. This is but a temporary respite in the gloom which is to linger through Tuesday. I'm taking a break from scrubbing the kitchen floors to have a coffee to prattle on a bit at the computer. Once I wrap up the kitchen cleaning I'll move on to bill paying (probably) followed by the evening dinner ritual.

I have been somewhat of ill humor this weekend due to receiving the news on Friday that one of the brightest and best people in the office is leaving due to moral objections over the recent and terribly nasty personal issue to which I have alluded on here. That employee, like myself, was caught in the crossfire between the Evildoer and their innocent target in another department. This is such an unfortunate development and one that has thrown me into a bout of despair. We had a long and heartfelt private talk on Friday afternoon, which out of necessity had to be somewhat guarded at times due to the Evildoer chugging back and forth outside my closed office door like some gunboat on patrol. While I hate to see them go, I agree wholeheartedly with the departing employee's decision and admire their courage to take a stand.

No comments: