Monday, July 04, 2005

Afternoon Coffee

Taking a break from cleaning and tidying the apartment to enjoy a coffee and hammer out a few lines to update the blog. It has been a productive day. I cleaned the kitchen this morning then went out to Pier One for a bout of shopping. They have a bedroom furniture set that I like and will probably acquire a piece at a time over the next few weeks, depending on what I find up at the Ikea in northern Virginia, assuming of course I find time to make the trip up there before I begin recreating the bedroom space. Depsite the tempation to start acquiring peices today, I showed restraint and purchased only a small 30 inch tall Nanking cabinet for the living room. It's an odd little piece but perfectly sized for one particular corner and ideal for a piece of Thai statuary art I purchased in January.

So next up on the cleaning agenda for today are the living room and the bathroom before heading off to meet up with a friend for dinner around 7pm.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

congratulations on your restraint at Pier One...I can get into so much trouble there...