Saturday, July 23, 2005

Sultry Saturday

Though it is still relatively early in the morning, the heat and humidity are already oppressive. It quite reminds me of those humid mornings back home in Thailand. I would rise early and sit out on the front veranda of my host's home to scribble in my journal, drink coffee, and have a few cigarettes while watching early-risers in the neighborhood come and go. I remarked more than once in my journal about just how humid it was for that time of the day. I didn't mind, of course, as it was just part of being in the tropics.

And for any new readers of this blog, perhaps I should clarify the phrase "back home in Thailand." I am not from there, though the country made such a lasting impression that I will most likely move there if the opportunity presents itself. Perhaps a somewhat fanciful dream, but one that also has a high probability of fruition with the proper planning and determination. Besides, you only go through life once, so why not make your own path and follow it to whatever end.

Moreover, I quite like the sound of the word "expatriate." :-)

No comments: