Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I'm melting......melting!!

I've never been one to mind hot weather, but today was a bit excessive. The air conditioner in my office could barely keep up and as a result I sat there at my desk ever so slightly uncomfortable (and equally ever so slightly grumpy) in the long-sleeved shirt and tie. Part of the problem is that I have a large office and the air conditioning unit is probably just inadequate anyway.

As tomorrow is forecast to be more miserable than today, I think I'll switch over to khakis and a light cotton shirt. One day of less than professional attire won't hurt. Besides, I'm the manager. I can pretty much do what I want. Well...almost. My director didn't particuarly like the idea of early afternoon margarita breaks for my staff....but I guess you can't win them all.

The agenda for the evening is relatively sparse. This is a good thing as I always value such decompression time. Unless some friends drag me out for alcoholic refreshments, I'll most likely spend most of the evening reading. I finished "Hiroshima" Sunday evening and have begun "The Great Influenza," which totally has me hooked. It's been quite some time since I've encountered a book quite this engaging and, consequently, detrimental to ones sleeping habits.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

I was gonna say...you're the manager...and if your boss doesn't like it, tell him to get you a new air conditioner...